Blogroll

       HOME        LINK        ABOUT        FOLLOW      

7.25.2015

A Walk To | Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kyoto

I bet that most of your friends who have traveled to Japan - have taken picture in these red shrines! Haha. At first I'm a bit clueless about this place, what I knew was this touristy place is full of red torii gates, a perfect spot for your instagram post or new profile picture :P

like Sandra, my friend :P
my extraordinary selfie *err not really :P
Then... I was really amused! Not just because I took picture in the red torii gates, but I just knew that trails lead into the wooded forest of the sacred Mount Inari. So if you like or you want to go hiking/trekking, bring your feet and isotonic drink here! Actually the trails remind me of my grandparents' home in Jogja, which is in a highland, it's really far from the town, and the forest surrounded is much alike - minus the red torii gates haha. Though the trail is really clear and nice, but we have to remain cautious as the trail/stairs became slippery after raining and a tree fell just around 5 meters behind me :O :O



exhausted? chill here! actually I didn't get into here, I just bought a drink from the vending machine in front of this stall :P

So, Fushimi Inari is the most important shrines which dedicated to Inari, the Shinto god of rice. We'll find a lot of fox statues around here, they're cute! Foxes are thought to be Inari's messengers. So sad that I couldn't find a real fox here :(

look at that cute statue :3
Another thing that amused me were we met Michelle Obama on our way back from the viewpoint (whoa, our itinerary is the same as Michelle's, she visited Kiyomizudera at the same time with us too haha)

viewpoint area


Olympus Mju Zoom 115 + Kodak Gold 200

How to get there: 
Take a train to JR Inari Station, the second station from Kyoto Station along the JR Nara Line

Fee: it's freeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment